Fundamentals of Estimating
< Back a Level
Fundamental Skills for Today’s Professional Estimator
Estimating in today’s competitive and changing environment requires skills beyond the ability to simply write an estimate…. And finding qualified estimators is becoming challenging and expensive. This course is designed to help shops face those challenges by focusing on the basic estimating practices required for entry level estimators. Participants, seeking to improve their understanding and skills related to damage analysis, will gain an understanding of how to build consistent and effective repair files in addition to writing estimates.
CLICK to Register Now.
CLICK to download the PDF brochure.
To deliver a solid foundation for constructing a complete repair file.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- INTRODUCTION TO POINT OF IMPACT, PRIMARY AND SECONDARY DAMAGE
- INTRODUCTION TO THE BASICS OF REPAIR VS. REPLACE DECISIONS
- VALUE OF NOTES AND QUALITY IMAGES
- UNDERSTANDING ESTIMATING TERMS AND ABBREVIATIONS
- INTRODUCE & UNDERSTAND HOW TO REFERENCE THE P-PAGES FOR INCLUDED AND NOT-INCLUDED OPERATIONS
- BASICS OF ALTERNATIVE PARTS
- BASICS OF ESTIMATE COMPLIANCE AND REVIEWS
- SUPPLEMENTS AND ESTIMATE STAGES
- CONFIDENCE WHEN ORIGINATING A QUALITY REPAIR ESTIMATE FILE
- PERFORMANCE MEASURES FOR ESTIMATORS
Entry Level Estimators, Office Personnel and Estimator Candidates
10 minimum, 24 maximum
CERTIFICATION & TRAINING MATERIALS
I-CAR students are eligible to receive Gold Class points for this course. Automotive Management Institute (AMI) students are eligible to receive Accredited Automotive Manager (AAM) credits. Participants will receive a student’s manual, course handouts, lunch, refreshments and an MVP certificate of completion.
Any PPG or Nexa Autocolor™ customer is eligible to attend any MVP Business Fundamentals course
FOR MORE INFORMATION
MVP Hotline: 1-866-237-8178